Saturday, October 3, 2009

Not Waiting

I don't usually like to recognize anything about myself that even remotely resembles the stereotype girl. I've always prided myself on being different, stronger, and built without the complex emotional problems that plague every female. I'd rather be known as the cold calculating bitch who takes care of herself than the weepy, Suzy-homemaker who can't do anything without her husband's opinion or approval. I like being in control of my world. I function a lot better when I know that I'm making all the decisions and not being led around.
But after laying all that out there on the table, I must say there is one thing that sometimes puts me into the same category as every other female. I sometimes just want to be swept off my feet. I don't need the romantic fairy-tale story. I don't need to be gushed over. I don't need gifts or constant attention. I just need to not have to ask for it. I don't want to always be the first one to make the first move. I can, I've did it before, but sometimes having a guy ask for your number is all it takes to make your day turn around. Even a quick smile in my direction without me being the first to say hi, would be nice.
I've had enough of me being the first to make, the first move. So if you can't work up the courage to make a little effort, then just leave me alone. I don't have time to waste on someone who is going to take baby steps. I'm not asking for a life long commitment, or promises that we'll stay friends, or promises that things will even be great when we hang out. I just don't want to have to deal with the hot and cold anymore. It is so tiring and we're not even really doing anything yet.
If you decide that the choir boy routine is something that your going to drop, then please get to know me. Come chill. I promise, I would love to get to know you. I'm a great person who isn't really all that scary, I only bite when asked to, and I rarely ever judge someone without being provoked. I'm saying all this here, because it's the last time I will make the first move with you. It's the last shot babe, figure out what your trying to do and please just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment