Finding a happy balance between what you want, and what others you care about want, is always a struggle. Is compromise a sign that your growing up even when you compromise to much? Trying to stay on what is deemed the correct path is said to be a struggle. Should it be? When you give up some of yourself for someone else can you lose yourself completely?
I have met so many different people in life. What's funny about meeting someone new is that you always run through the same questions, no matter who the person is. How's it going? Who are you? What do you do? It really is a drag because no one ever tells you what they really want to and most of the time they lie. How's it going? good. Who are you? I'm john doe. I am married, have two kids and work while living in the city. What do you do? I'm a corporate tech annalist. Case and point, normal. Wouldn't it be nice to meet someone who when asked the same questions could distinguish themselves some how from the normal story line. How's it going? great! I so happy to be here every day something new happens to me. Who are you? I'm a dreamer who has managed to live out lots of my dreams. What do you do? Lots of things, teach myself something new everyday. Enjoy a lot of things around me, even the small things. And feel with every being I'm capable of.
I know it's sounds a little bit corny. Sort of an Utopian ideal of a person. Why not just be OK with the John Doe version. So he didn't accomplish much. He has a family and is doing right by it. He takes care of things and does have new experiences. Sure he's compromised on a few things in life, but that's what life is about. That's how you grow up. You will have a very comfortable, relaxing, safe and secure future. But did you actually live through out your life or did you just hide away and show everyone what you think they wanted see. Did you get most of what you wanted out of life or only got what you think others wanted? Can you safely say that after living, I don't need or want anything else?
I'm the type of person who loves to know how to do many things, but learning and doing them for the first time always scares the shit out of me. I shake, my heart beats a thousand times a minute, and I can't help but jump on the rush that travels through out my body. I get this way when ever I do something new. I get this way anytime that I become involved in a relationship, whether it's with friends or family. I love living passionately and with feeling and hope i never lose that. When you can say that you loved the way you lived, even if it was the john doe version, that's great! I hope that I can. But what if I can't?
I don't want to wake up thirty years from now and say shit! I didn't do anything that I wanted because I was running in circles trying to avoid living the life I made for myself. Or this isn't what I wanted, why did I make that decision. I don't want to be one of those people did the same thing over and over every day with the same people and look around and go what happened how did I become this person. I don't want to be one of those people who look at their self and say wow, yeah I knew this was a part of me but where is the rest of me?
I won't become one of those people who fake their way through life. Who pretend that they got exactly what they wanted when you see in their eyes secret longing for something that will never be. I will not lose myself. I can adapt and change for the people i care for while still realizing my dreams. I will cherish each moment in my life even when it doesn't turn out the way that i expected. I make my own decisions and will never compromise to much of myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment